Wednesday 29 June 2011

Surprise birthday/anniversary trip to NYC

After months of dreading it, I finally turned 30 last week, booo...

But, we celebrated it with a suprise trip to New York(!!!) so it wasn't all bad!

I knew my wonderful husband had arranged a weekend away but he kept the destination secret for months. He eventually told me a few days before we flew out, mainly because he knows I am a closet control freak and had to plan our intenary to the minute!

We had the most amazing time and I loved every single minute. The first afternoon we had rain (the like of which I have never seen before) & the next 3 days were hot, hot, hot! I absolutely fell in love with the city and I didnt want to leave. 

We stayed at the gorgeous Setai on 5th Avenue which is right in the center of Manhattan. The staff were really friendly and helpful - I came back to the room on my birthday to find some chocolates and a birthday card, as well as champagne on arrival at the restaurant later on. Perfect! 

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back... maybe next year

Siân  xx


Some of my favourite pics from the trip


View of Manhattan from River Cafe, Brooklyn


5th Avenue from the steps of NY
Public Library


First day: rain + jetlag = coffee time
  
Breakfast on 37th and 5th

Padlocks on Brooklyn Bridge
 
Central Park


 
Birthday chocs courtesy of the hotel

 
Colour coordinating in the Meatpacking District!



Outside from inside the Public Library


No comments: