Monday 15 August 2011

Look Show AW11 Blog competition entry

image





After toying with the idea for a few days, I've finally decided to go for it - this is my entry to the Look Magazine Blog Competition...

Why should I sit Front Row at the Look Show AW11? Discuss...

Up until a few years ago, my working life was solely based around fashion. Glorious, wonderful fashion. I spent many years in Visual Merchandising for a very well known, very fashion forward, High Street brand. I'm not sure I'm allowed to say which one, so I wont!!


'I work in Fashion Merchandising' (video courtesy of Taylor McComb)


After 10 years in retail I decided to take a break and go out into the big, bad world of Corporate IT. So I now work in a company with offices all over the world -  a company who employs people in the hundreds of thousands... It's as far removed from fashion as you can get.

Literally. 

The day I walked into the office in wedges and Palazzo's I may as well have turned up in a Bart Simpson costume. My leopard print obsession doesn't go down too well either, but I soldier on regardless. I'm just waiting for the cold weather so I can waltz in wearing my leather pencil skirt and watch the jaws hit the floor...

So, what has this got to do with sitting Frow at the show?
Answer = Everything!!

Fashion has been in my blood since I was a child. I used to lecture my (much older) sister on updated ways of wearing our shell suits - I can't have been much older than 9! Fashion is what I know, fashion is what gets me through the day. I have more fashion magazines in my house than I've had hot dinners - as Kate says, nothing tastes as good as...ah who am I trying to kid, I read Look while I eat my hot dinners!

Anyway, I started my blog because I was going crazy not being involved with fashion everyday - the trends, the fabrics, the new shapes. And shoes, I ADORE shoes!! Vintage pointy courts are my favourite so, as you can imagine, I almost passed out with joy that it's a key style for AW... I am literally beside myself! Wait till the corporate bunnies see me in that leather skirt and some box-fresh mustard courts - it will be bedlam!!

My babies!

In short, I am fiercely protective of, and incredibly loyal to, the British High Street. I believe we have the best brands in the world. I buy Look religiously because it is the best magazine for championing High Street fashion, and it never disappoints. To sit front row of the AW show and then report back on this blog would be a dream come true.

My blog may only be a fledgling one, but I'm getting there. And I love it :)






Siân xx





4 comments:

helen turnbull said...

Good luck :).

Helen, X
areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

CeCe Bloom said...

Thank you! So nerve racking!!

Unknown said...

ahhh good luck miss!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Anonymous said...

Congratulation on being shortlisted! Well done girl :D

I wish you good luck for the next step!
Love,
Emily


http://www.thestyleexplorer.blogspot.com/